Increase User Engagement with Our Professional UX/UI Design
We offer a wide range of UX design services, including:
- User research and analysis
- Information Architecture
- Wireframing and prototyping
- Visual design
- Usability testing
- A/B testing
We also offer ongoing UX consulting and support to help our clients maintain and improve the user experience of their websites and digital products.
Transform Your Website or App into a User-Friendly Experience
Is your website or app causing frustration for your users? Are you struggling to retain visitors or customers due to a confusing or clunky interface? Our UX researchers have specialized in transforming digital product or service experiences into user-friendly ones.
Here are a few tips we use to transform your website or app into a user-friendly experience:
- Understand your users. What are their needs and goals? What kind of experience are they looking for? Once we understand your users, we can design an experience that meets their needs.
- Make it easy to find what users are looking for. Your website or app should have a clear and concise navigation system. Users should be able to find the information they need quickly and easily.
- Use clear and concise language. We try hard to avoid using jargon or technical terms that your users may not understand. We use simple, easy-to-read language that is easy to understand.
- Make your website or app responsive. More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to access the internet. We ensure your website or app looks good and functions well on all devices.
- Test your website or app with real users. Once we have made changes to your website or app, we test it with real users to see how they interact with it and help you identify any areas needing improvement.
Our expert designers and developers are here to work with you through consultation and comprehensive market research, understand your users’ needs, and create a customized solution that meets your business goals. From navigation to content, we optimize every aspect of your website or app to create a seamless and enjoyable user experience.
Enhance Your Digital Product with Our User-Centered Design Approach
Many businesses face struggling with low user engagement, high bounce rates, or poor customer satisfaction. These challenges are due to poor user experience design. And that’s where we come in. Our process typically starts with research to understand users’ needs, behaviours, and pain points. Our team of UI UX designers in Nairobi are going to work with you, identify pain points in your current design then create a solution that meets your business goals. We will engage you in all UX design disciplines, including research, design, testing, and analysis.
To get started, fill out our PAIN formula to help us better understand your needs:
P – What is the primary problem you’re experiencing with your website or app?
A – How does this problem affect your users’ experience?
I – What impact is this problem having on your business goals?
N – What would a successful UX/UI design solution look like for you?
Once we receive your PAIN formula, we’ll schedule a consultation with one of our UX/UI design specialists. During this consultation, we’ll dive deeper into your needs, goals, and vision for your digital product. We’ll also explain our design process and answer any questions you may have.
UI / UX Design FAQ's
This section contains frequently asked questions about User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) design. Our experts compiled these questions to help you understand the fundamental concepts, terminology, and best practices of UI and UX design.
UX design, also known as User Experience design, is the process of making a product or service usable, enjoyable, and accessible to users. UX designers aim to enhance the user’s satisfaction by improving the usability, accessibility, and desirability of a product or service.
UX design process may vary depending on the project objectives and team handling the project, here are some common steps that most UX designers follow:
- Research: This step involves gathering information about the target users, their needs, behaviours, and motivations. This research can take many forms, such as surveys, user interviews, and usability testing.
- Analysis: This is the step where the UX designers analyze their research findings, and identify patterns to inform the design process.
- Ideation: Using the insights gathered in the research and analysis phases, the UX designer generates ideas for how to solve the user’s needs and pain points.
- Prototyping: This step involves creating low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes of the design solution for testing and validation with users.
- Testing: The UX designer tests the prototypes with real users to evaluate their effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Refinement: After getting user testing feedback, the UX designer refines the design solution and iterates on the prototype until it meets the user’s needs and expectations.
- Implementation: After completing the design, the UX designers work with the development team to implement the design solution into the final product or service.
- Evaluation: Finally, the UX designer evaluates the success of the design solution by analyzing user feedback and usage data, and making further improvements as needed.
A good User Experience (UX) can help businesses in several ways. They include;
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Improved customer loyalty
- Increased sales and revenue
- Reduced development costs
- Competitive advantage
The main difference to bear in mind is that UX design is all about the overall user experience of the product, while UI design is all about how the visual elements look and function. UX design is all about identifying and solving user problems, and UI design is all about creating intuitive, aesthetically-pleasing, interactive interfaces.
The specific deliverables required for a UX design project will vary depending on the needs and goals of the project. However these are basic deliverables our agency will work on;
- User personas: fictional representations of your target audience that help you understand their needs, behaviors, and motivations.
- User flows: visual representations of the steps a user takes to achieve a specific goal within your product or service.
- Wireframes: basic layouts that show the structure and content of your product or service without distracting visual design elements.
- Prototypes: interactive versions of your product or service that allow users to test and provide feedback before the final design is completed.
- Visual designs: high-fidelity designs that incorporate visual elements such as color, typography, and imagery.
- Style guides: documentation that outlines the visual design standards and guidelines for your product or service, ensuring consistency across all design elements.
- Usability reports: documentation that outlines the results of usability testing, including user feedback and recommendations for improving the user experience.
There are a variety of tools and software that UI and UX designers use to create and prototype their designs. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Adobe XD